Using Actio Grid
Please read this privacy statement carefully as it sets out how Actio Grid Limited ("us" "we" or “the service”) uses your personal information.
We are an online service that is used by, but independent from, Warwick Sport in order to manage the Actio Grid challenge. The service is known as “Actio Grid”.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact us at
We may change this privacy notice periodically by updating this page, revising the last updated date on the page when alterations occur (the last update was 23-Jan-21). Additionally, reasonable steps to make you aware of any changes will be actioned - you will need to consent to use the system again. We also recommend that you check this page from time to time to ensure you keep informed of our current privacy practices.
Terms and ConditionsThis document focus on how we process your data. This document does not cover the rules you must follow. This is covered in our Terms and Conditions.
Information we collect
When you use Actio Grid, please bear in mind that we may record:
- Your name, and email address.
- Your password is stored in a hashed form i.e. not plain text and not visible to any user or administrator. Nevertheless, you should always use a unique password, different from any other online services you may use.
- Activities that you complete either from a connected account (if connected) or entered manually, this includes a record of when you create or remove an activity, the details of the activity, such as time, duration and (if connected) a link to the version of the activity in the connected account
- Details of your connected accounts (third party activity providers, such as Strava and Fitbit), including the details to connect to the connected account API to access your profile and activity information there; but never the password of your connected account.
- Details of your team and the competitions you have entered
- For the purposes of usage statistics: the areas of the website that you visit, information about your device, such as which browser you are using, your network location, the type of connection you are using (e.g. broadband, ADSL etc) and your IP address.
How is your data processed?
- Activities you complete, along with the data associated with each (e.g. distance, time, activity type) and your name, are visible to all members who are in some competition in common with you. All such members must know the join code or match a list of predefined emails.
- Competition Managers can see a record of all activities, teams and competitions - this is restricted to the relevant members of Warwick Sport for the purposes of administering the competition.
- System Administrators can see a record of all activity within the system for the purposes of administering, managing and maintaining the system.
How will we contact you?
Our emails are restricted to those necessary to perform the function of the website, as such we do not permit opting out of emails.
- We will email you to verify your email address is valid.
- We may email you in the course of managing your account, for example password resets.
- We may email you to inform you of important changes to the system, such as this notice being updated. This will not include marketing emails such as new features.
- We will email you to respond to a query or complaint.
- We may email you regarding the progress of the competitions you enter, providing you sign up for this service.
- We may email you regarding upcoming competitions within Warwick Sport, proving you sign up for this service.
- We will never contact you for marketing purposes or transfer your data to another organisation for marketing purposes.
- We will never contact you requesting your password.
How do we protect your personal information?
We're strongly committed to keeping your information safe by ensuring that account access to the server is restricted. Additionally, only users verified by entering the correct joining code can access the system. However no service can be completely secure, so if you have concerns that your account may be compromised, please contact us immediately.
Can we delete your information?
You can request your account is deleted by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org. We keep a record of how you've used our services, but this information can't be linked back to you. All of your activities will be deleted, but bear in mind that this will affect all past competitions you have been involved in; including decreasing the points count for your teams. You will no longer be a participant in any current or future competitions, unless you rejoin the system.
What are my rights?
You have the right to request a copy of your information, ask us to correct information that's wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes. Please note this is not an exhaustive list.
How your data is managed by Warwick Sport
Please note as part of the competition you may be required to provide additional information to Warwick Sport independently of this system. This falls outside the scope of the policies of Actio Grid Limited. Please contact Warwick Sport directly for information on how they manage and process your data. The following information is provided by Warwick Sport to better understand how they manage your data. We take no responsibility for this content.
Privacy information from Warwick Sport
The challenge is run by Warwick Sport.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact us at email@example.com.
- Warwick Sport requires you to submit information to Warwick Sport on the Warwick University Website before receiving an invitation to join the system. You will need to agree to the relevant policy regarding this data separately when you submit this information to Warwick Sport.
You need to consent to use the system. If you do not wish to consent, or wish to revoke your earlier consent please logout and email
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.